Small business with a big impact!
We are seeking dance artists from all dance backgrounds and experiences to join our team! Our Pointe Fitter positions do require experience in classical ballet and intermediate levels of work en pointe in order to best relate and provide this specialized service to our customers, however, dance experiences in all forms will be considered for sales associate positions.
At Allegro Dance Boutique, we pride ourselves on being a "by dancers, for dancers company." As active members of the dance community we understand the needs of our customers and our team. Our high-performance company intends to foster purpose and support individual development through our work. We believe in empowering our associates with information that will help them grow well beyond their stated job roles. Together, value creativity and discipline, promote collaboration, and strive to build a community of dancers that are as agile with their minds as they are with their bodies. Employees at all levels develop an understanding of business and entrepreneurship. Allegro encourages all to share ideas for company growth and development. Our employees are proudly invested in our vision to reimagine the dance retail experience, and grow our reputation in the industry. Allegro gives dancers a place to work in the dance community in an unexpected way.
Does this sound exciting to you? If so, read on to better understand what our company looks for in an ideal candidate!
- Current or former dancer with formal dance training
- Intermediate or advanced experience dancing en pointe (currently or in the past)
- College graduate or 1-2 years of professional experience in relevant field
- Previous customer service experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to come occasionally work in either Allegro location: Barrington/Evanston
- Customer focus: Is dedicated to meeting or exceeding the expectations of in-store customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products or service; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Resourcefulness: Clever ability to consider a breadth of possibilities in any situation; can move outside of comfort zone to problem-solve when issues arise; will continue to work to find quick and creative solutions until issues are closed; can decide and act without having the total picture; can use available resources to answer questions and help customers.
- Adaptability: Adaptable and open to change; can shift gears comfortably; can work with various types of customers, product styles and accessories.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport with customers and team; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably; enthusiastic and fun.
- Technical Savvy: Can troubleshoot consumer-level hardware and software in order to maintain current systems; comfortable with computers, mobile devices, bluetooth, other basic devices, and basic technological concepts; familiar with both mac and pc platforms.
- Teamwork: Desire to be a part of a team, while able to function independently; can easily understand how this role in the company contributes to the team’s success; comfortable working solo with supervisor in off-site location; easily take direction and follow experience; collaborate with team in order to grow sales and improve customer experience.
COVID-19 Update: All customers and staff are required to wear masks. Potential candidates are encouraged to be vaccinated. Constant cleaning and disinfecting protocols throughout the store and specifically during pointe fittings. Limiting close-contact for prolonged time periods. Designated eating area.
Does this resonate with you? If so, you might be the candidate we're looking for! Click here to fill out our job application on Indeed.